Door Handle Fitting Instructions on Rose
Lever on Rose Fitting Instructions
Two fixing methods are supplied with your Lever on Rose handles: Bolt-through Fixing and Face Fixing. Bolt-through fixing is the preferred method as it offers the most secure connection and minimises the risk of damage to your door.
CAUTION: Remove lock/ latch from door BEFORE beginning.
1. Choose the fixing method suitable for your lock/ door and use the appropriate template.
2. Mark the centre of hole A then then the fixing holes B using a bradawl
3. Using a 20mm drill bit, drill the centre hole of point A. FOR LOCKS/ LATCHES WITH BOLT- THROUGH FIXING HOLES
3.1. Drill 5mm holes completely through the door at positions B1. For additional support, drill 2mm pilot holes to a depth of 5mm at positions B2. FOR LATCHES WITHOUT BOLT-THROUGH FIXING HOLES
3.2. Drill 5mm holes completely through the door at positions B2. For additional support, drill 2mm pilot holes to a depth of 5mm at positions B1.
FOR MORTICE LOCKS WHICH CANNOT ACCEPT BOLTTHROUGH FIXINGS
3.3. Drill 2mm pilot holes, to a depth of 5mm, at positions C.
4. Insert the spindle into one of the levers and securely fix the grub screw, ensuring enough spindle is free to pass through the door and to be secured in the opposing lever. Remove the screw-on rose cover.
5. Replace the latch/ lock into the door.
6. Place the lever onto the door so the spindle passes through the latch/lock follower and line up the holes on the rose with those pre-drilled in the door.
7. Place the second lever onto the opposite side of the door
7.1. For bolt-through fixing, insert bolts through appropriate holes in the roses and pass through the 5mm holes in the door. Hand tighten the bolt with the nut in the corresponding holes on the second lever. For additional support, use the wood screws provided in the pilot holes.
7.2. For face fixing, 8 wood screws will be required Evenly, hand tighten 4 screws on one lever, using the predrilled pilot holes. Move to the second lever and repeat.
8. Tighten up the grub screw on the opposite lever and recheck all fixings are secure. If the levers do not operate freely, check alignment of all components.
9. Place and screw on each outer rose covers.