Bathroom Lock/Privacy Lever Handle on Plate Quick Guide
Privacy on backplate: Follow steps 1 to 7 only. Remember when you get to step 5 rather than using the lock you would be using just a normal tubular latch.
- Locate the spindle through the top hole in the lock and then place the backplates onto the spindle bar each side of the door.
- Using the backplates as a guide, mark screw holes with a bradawl.
- Remove backplates and spindle bar.
- Drill the pilot holes for wood screws.
- Fit the backplate locating the spindle through the square follower in the door lock. Ensure that there is enough projection of spindle on either side.
- Tighten the grub screws where applicable to secure spindle to the levers.
- Screw wood screws in place when aligned.
- Ensure correct bathroom lock is fitted to take 5mm spindle bar and that door has been drilled to receive the fitting.
- Thumb turn and release mechanisms are fitted using the grub screw and allen key provided, simply tighten to secure.
Please note. Privacy latch handles work alongside a normal tubular latch handle and do not require a bathroom mortise lock. The handle works by blocking the latch from being pulled down when in the lock position.